Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day Gifts!

Howdy! Growing up I loved making presents for my family on birthdays and holidays (even though my brother and sister still laugh at the picture frame I made from an old GI Joe battleship toy) and I loved even more getting homemade presents from my nieces and nephews so Kate and I decided to make presents for her Mamaw and Great Gran this year for mother's day.

We made a 'Great Gran is a Gem' picture frame and a 'Mamaw Rocks' picture frame. We used new in their wrapper picture frames we got at our local thrift store, spray paint, "gems", and rocks. Kate picked out the color we painted each frame and then helped me hot glue the gems and rocks onto them. I was concerned Kate would get burned by the hot glue but she was pretty careful. Kate also made a painting to go inside each frame with a thumbprint flower in the center.


I think Kate had a good time making these and my mother-in-law was very excited about her frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment