Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tangled Party Braids

Howdy!

So I was asked how I made the smaller braids that were at my daughters' Tangled birthday party and I thought I would post a quick how to.

I got some little flower clips (at Walmart and they come on a pack of 30ish), small elastic bands (also from Walmart), yellow yarn, and purple ribbon.

I measured out 20 "strands" of yarn that were about 2.5 feet long. (I measured off my daughter - you might need to adjust for the height of whoever will be wearing them). I used one of the small elastics to gather them into a ponytail. Next I braided the strands together. After this I hot glued the strands to the back of the flower clips, putting glue around where the rubber band was. Last I added some purple ribbon at the end tied into a bow.

For my daughters' special birthday braid I used about 40 strands, a clip that pinches on one end as the main clip (instead of the flower clip) and then made it the same as the friend braids. After it was braided I took apart 2 fake flowers bundles from Walmart and hot glued the stems to the underside of the braid. I also placed a few of the flower clips from the smaller braids above as decoration for this one.

Happy Braiding!

No comments:

Post a Comment