Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Intro Blog


Howdy! In my first official blog I thought I would share the latest crafts my daughter and I have made - handprint/footprint paintings! I bought some canvases from a craft store on sale a while back and have been waiting for a good opportunity to use them. Well the time finally came - my in-laws came into town for a visit and enjoyed some grandaughter time (so my husband and I could have a couple of date nights) and my sisters' birthday came around!

Our first project was for my in-laws. I gave my daughter a 5x5 canvases, let her pick her washable paint colors, and let her paint to her hearts content! After her canvas dried we painted her feet with white paint and stamped them onto the canvas in a turnout. My goal was to make a definitive heart shape so after we stamped her feet we got out some thin red ribbon and glued it around her feet in a heart shape using Modpodge. For a 2 year old being patient while we slowly put on the red ribbon was hard but she was so excited about the project she did a good job. Once the feet paint and glue dried Kate picked some ribbon and we hot glued a "hanger" onto the back of the painting. My daughter is pretty good at writing her name once you dot it out so we wrote a note and put it in the mail.

Exited about our new canvas paintings we decided to make a painting for my sisters' birthday. Again I gave my daughetr a canvas (a different shaped one), let her pick her paint colors and go! After she declared her painting "done!" we let it dry and talked about what we would do to it next. We were going to paint her hands and place them onto the painting to shape in a flower shape. I painted a circle, painted Kate's hands with a color she picked and then started stamping her hands around the circle. Then we chose a different color and stamped some outer "petals" of her flower. Same as before, once everything dried we added a ribbon hanger and a note on the back. I thought this turned out so cute I wanted ot make one to keep at our house so we started again and my daughter chose different paint colors.

Overall this was fun to do with my daughter - I enjoyed watching her get crazy with the paints, watching her giggle as I painted her feet, and teaching her good ways to show our love for others.

4 comments:

  1. So fun! These are adorable! And I am so proud to be the first follower!

    LOVE the font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Great idea. You are an awesome mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete